Enter Forum: General Interest
 pictures of wrecked buses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

american busing

12 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2003 :  2:06:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi am in need of finding sites that show pictures of buses ruined either burned,smashed,crashed or anything damaged
for a general project any help would be greatly enjoyed.
[please try to use links to the pages} am very sorry to do this but am working with my school tranpsport office on a way to convice the parnets that buses are more safer than cars and need pics of wrecked buses to so that less people are injuried in bus accidents thats all
please excuse me am no longer going to do this fourm thanks to the two people who responed thank you you guys made me relize that was not a good topic i'll try better in my next topic post thank you and excuse me
that was an evil topic

Edited by - american busing on 01/24/2003 11:59:01 AM

Edited by - american busing on 01/24/2003 12:21:55 PM

Edited by - american busing on 01/24/2003 12:24:19 PM

PHW
Top Member

USA
1345 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  06:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kind of curious. What kind of project would this be.

PHW

Child Check For Life
Go to Top of Page

BusFrk5

USA
116 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2003 :  10:45:50 AM  Show Profile  Send BusFrk5 an AOL message  Send BusFrk5 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also rather curious as to what kind of project this is your doing, as I think its heart wrenching to see an injured bus, nevermind purposely looking for them.

~Future Bus Driver~
Go to Top of Page

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  04:15:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have found a photo of a wreaked bus.
http://www.geocities.com/bluebird4eversbf/blue90sfrei350.html

Go to Top of Page

wsauer3481

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  3:18:00 PM  Show Profile  Send wsauer3481 an AOL message  Click to see wsauer3481's MSN Messenger address  Send wsauer3481 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
http://www.sihope.com/~kjob/pass/Accidents.htm
this site should do it you wont need any more

Go to Top of Page

Northern SBD

75 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2003 :  4:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think most bus drivers avoid seeing pictures of wrecked buses. I know it makes my stomach cringe when I see anything on the news about anything that has happened to a bus, busdriver or students on a bus.

I think most people I know feel the same.

Go to Top of Page

rltinkey

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  05:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a driver trainer I tell all my drivers to use the Smith System, keep your eyes moving. Also keep your following distance of 4 seconds. As a trainer you can only give a person the tools to work with and the help of the "All Mighty" our drivers and the students they transport will be safe to do it again tomorrow. OK, I do conduct two driver evaluations a year just to make sure the drivers are not picking up any bad habits.
Ray The Bus Guy

Go to Top of Page

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  07:38:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good points, Ray.

And if the pictures already captioned here don't get everyone's caution juices churning I'd go over to the National Transportation Safety's site at NTSB.gov and with a little patient searching within that vast site you can find several school bus accident reports which include detail analysis, photos, and even some animated re-creations from the prospective of the driver, the other driver, the train conductors, over-head looking down, you name it.

It's quite educational but not for the faint of heart.

Be safe!

Go to Top of Page

Northern SBD

75 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2003 :  6:41:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe that you are interested in such details. What good can it do to go looking for this stuff?? You see enough of it without looking for it.

I don't have to look at undernourished kids to know how to feed my son, or abused kids to know it happens and that it is wrong.

I don't think you have to live in a fairy tale world but I don't live in a "Friday the 13th movie either"

Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2003 :  4:54:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pick up the book Reckless Disregard by James S. Kunen. It shows the aftermath of the horrible Carrollton, KY, school bus crash in 1988. Good read, by the way.

It's BIG, it's YELLOW, it has RED FLASHING LIGHTS. What part didn't you see?

Ryan's School Bus Yard--www.busman49.com
Go to Top of Page

jb

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  06:04:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can't believe that you are interested in such details. What good can it do to go looking for this stuff?? You see enough of it without looking for it.

I don't have to look at undernourished kids to know how to feed my son, or abused kids to know it happens and that it is wrong.

I don't think you have to live in a fairy tale world but I don't live in a "Friday the 13th movie either"
Sometimes it takes a "shock" to get peoples attention. Some parents need to see pictures that they might assist in maintaing dicipline on the bus.These things happen and it could be any Friday.

you are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

James Boldebuck
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  06:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey Ryan,

Where can I find that book?

Kevin

Go to Top of Page

bus35

8 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  09:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a few years back for one of our safety refreshers, we had a mass casualty incident drill with the local fire, ambulance and police departments. afterwards the bus was burned to show us how fast a bus goes up and how much time you have to get out.The fire was started with a luch bag set on fire in the front seat. I have pictures if anyone is interested in seeing them. The bus was fully engulfed in flames and smoke in 1 min 40 secs.

Go to Top of Page

1983WardFord
Top Member

USA
1395 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  10:48:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, go to amazon.com and do a search for the book. You'll be able to find the book in a wide variety of conditions ranging from good to new. Prices start at about $5.40

It's BIG, it's YELLOW, it has RED FLASHING LIGHTS. What part didn't you see?

Ryan's School Bus Yard--www.busman49.com
Go to Top of Page

BusBoy
Top Member

USA
2042 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  2:58:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit BusBoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks man!

Go to Top of Page

Dreamz1

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2003 :  2:02:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't imagine seeing my bus after the accident I was involved in. Seeing it as it was happening left enough of an image that will stay with me forever. If however, it would focus on the whys and whatfors of safety and how changes can be made to alter a bad situation to any extent, then it would be understandable.

Go to Top of Page

Northern SBD

75 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  9:22:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DREAMZ1

I know where you are coming from... I had an experience over 12 years ago that haunts me everytime I think about it, every time I see the intersection (and no-one was even hurt!)

If I had studied pictures of accidents, I would have never been prepared for my accident , and it would have still happened cause I was sitting at a stop sign.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000