Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  4:53:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey IC, my driver was telling me the same thing, she was saying that they were trying to call bus 1666, and they had to keep doing it over and over again pronouncing each number individually, 1-6-6-6 LOL!!!! I remember they used to just say the bus number the way it looked instead of each number seperatley, it made a lot more sense, like for example, bus 919, now is is nine-one-nine, they used to just say area 3 to bus nine-nineteen, 919 is a 2002 IC RE now, but it used to be a 1983 or 84 Ford Wayne with the 4 lamp system

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  5:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Our radio call sign is our route number. (Not the 6-digit asset number.)
Go to Top of Page

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  6:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC

Very interesting how different places number their buses. One thing though, in my district, your bus number is also your radio call sign, so the longer they are, the harder they are to say and the easier they are to misunderstand. Hey AmTran, yours are really long...six digits! You guys must use something else for your radio call signs?

Hi IC. Yeah they are pretty long but I'm used to it. I believe all Laidlaw buses are numbered this way, from the East Coast to the West Coast, but I might be wrong.

We don't use our asset numbers to comunicate to base or to another bus. We use our route number. Example: If I'm route 93, I'll say, Happytown 93 (assuming the town i work in is called Happytown) to base.
Some spare drivers or those using spares will say the last three digists of the asset number, if there's no route number available. So if the asset number is 933833, they will say 833 to base.
Go to Top of Page

Peter
Top Member

USA
1057 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  7:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our buses, like Bob's, have a six digit asset number, the last four of which are used to identify the bus. Since 2001, the asset numbers include the year in which the bus was purchased. We have 012204, a 2002 International IC purchased new in the sumemr of 2001, and numbered 2204. And we have 020552, a 2003 Blue Bird/International purchased new in the sumemr of 2002 and numbered 0552. Route numbers are printed on sheets of paper posted in a front passenger window and we use the last four digits of the asset number for all ID purposes, sometimes omitting any preliminary zeros. "2204 to base." "Base to oh-five-five-two (base to five-five-two, base to five fifty-two)" Simple, right?

Spicer is nicer.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000