Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  12:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,

I am workin on making a school bus book. I need your help! #1, I need company logo's (I will include your name in credits). I also need to know all of the different buses built by the companies (like for Thomas - Thomas Saf-T-Liner ER, HDX, ect). Lastly, I need photo's. Mainly photo's of Blue-Bird Type D's, Superiors (in good condition), an older IHC Carpenter (junk condition), and whatever else anyone wants to donate. I will email anyone who wants a copy of it to them (I am going to create it in Microsoft Word 2002, so you will need the program. You will also need a printer (color if you want color).) I will email everyone and anyone the document, which will most likely contain about 20 MB of memory). I need ALL OF YOUR HELP. I want this to be the #1 school bus refernce guide. I will tell everyone on the progress. If you know something, TELL. I will also need to know any info on the closing of Superior, Wayne, Carpenter, Ward, AmTran. I am plaining on detcating this book to all of ya' at SBF. REMEBER: you will have to put the book together and print it off your computer. I don't have enough money, ink, paper, and time to do it all by myself. (Note: if I have to, I might have to print and ship it to ya if the document is too much for email. If I do, it will cost $10.00 USA/ Canada (not including shipping and handeling). Just the document itself is free ( I'm talking about how you print it off your PC, and I email it to you.) I will need all of your help and all images doners will be in the credits.
-Jake
Note: If anyone wants to help me with putting the thing together, leave your email address and I will email you.

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  12:43:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.geocities.com/fordman11189/junk1.html ...there's a IHC Carp. in junk condition, LOL. Hope ya dont mind Greg
Go to Top of Page

buslady-582
Advanced Member

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  12:51:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have quite a few BlueBird photos and you're welcome to them. What are type D's?

Bus Nut

see my " Buster" #582
1994 BB TC2000

http://home.new.rr.com/buslady582/mybus.JPG
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  12:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
type D's are like FE's and RE's, like All-American
I will look.
Cody40691, I cannot use that unless you are the the owner of the webpage.
I need tons and tons of info and photos on Crown Coach, and Gillig.
Oh, the book will be 22 pages long.
Also, I need info on chassis (International, Ford, GMC, Chevy, Dodge ,Freight.,ect.)
Thanks,
Jake

Edited by - Jake on 02/19/2005 1:13:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  12:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buslady-582

I have quite a few BlueBird photos and you're welcome to them. What are type D's?

A type D is the type of bus like you drive. Type D's are buses without a front nose, with the engine in the front, or rear. The ones with a front nose are type C's.
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  12:56:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

Cody40691, I cannot use that unless you are the the owner of the webpage.

Yeah, but I was just showing you to a pic that you could use.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  1:53:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

...an older IHC Carpenter (junk condition)...

Maybe not.

Picture © Copyright 2005 The Buskid
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  1:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
OMG, that is great! Can I use that in the book BusKid?
-Jake
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  2:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OMG, that is great! Can I use that in the book BusKid?
-Jake

Sure. I took that picture in a junkyard while I was in Nebraska over the summer in 2001.
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  2:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you. Infact, yesterday I got a photo of a 1960's IHC Carp. behind some transimmision shop, but the fence was covered in weeds so I didn't get a good picture.
Jake

btw: I seriously need info on AmTran, Blue-Bird, Carpenter, and Crown ASAP. Any info will be great. For example, I need to know why Carpenter and AmTran closed, and what are the different models of the buses those companies made, like the TC2000, and the Corsiar. Also I especially need logo's!!!!! When did AmTran buyout Ward? When did IC buy out AmTran? Why did Carpenter create Crown? I also need photo's of a AmTran FE.

Sorry I donnot know this but what does FE and RE stand for? Front engine and Rear Engine?

Edited by - Jake on 02/19/2005 2:25:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  2:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
For example, I need to know why Carpenter and AmTran closed

Amtran never closed, they just changed their name to International/IC Corp.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  2:28:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't necessarily say that Carpenter "created" Crown. I think if you did some digging through past posts on this forum, especially in the General Interest section, you would find a lot of useful information regarding that topic as well as some of the other topics that you have mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  2:41:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I also need photo's of a AmTran FE.

Picture © Copyright 2005 The Buskid
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  2:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank You BusKid. You are a complete help. I am glad you are on this forum. I have tried looking through former post like you said, and I am working on it, but not not much luck though.
-Jake
Go to Top of Page

kd4jfd
Top Member

USA
1168 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  4:31:16 PM  Show Profile  Click to see kd4jfd's MSN Messenger address  Send kd4jfd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If I can remember, after I get well,(Head cold) I will take some pics of 349 and 96-21 for you

539 - Repair work in progress!
Go to Top of Page

CountGirl
Top Member

USA
823 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  6:17:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trivia, Jake.

Navistar is the parent company of Amtran, International, and IC. There is also rumor (from Amtran RE #4's thread) that Ward may have converted to Amtran and therefore kinda-sorta falls under the Navistar parent company.

If you'd like more trivia info, we'll be more than happy to give it to ya. I learned 99% of my bus facts from here.

C.

Give me a yellow object. Yes. Right now. I need my yellow chocolate, for goodness sake!
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  6:31:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CountGirl

Trivia, Jake.

Navistar is the parent company of Amtran, International, and IC. There is also rumor (from Amtran RE #4's thread) that Ward may have converted to Amtran and therefore kinda-sorta falls under the Navistar parent company.

If you'd like more trivia info, we'll be more than happy to give it to ya. I learned 99% of my bus facts from here.

C.

Thanks to Bill Clinton ( I cant believe I just said that) he started Amtran back in 1980 to save Ward from going under. But Ward didnt change the name until 93

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  6:32:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a neat link from STN http://www.stnonline.com/stn/industryarchives/schoolbushistory/100years.htm
School bus history
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird16
Top Member

USA
501 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  8:09:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit BlueBird16's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Before I offer any pics. Are you publishing a book? Explain what you are doing and make sure it is not illegal. Using Logos or recording a companies history in print for re-sale is illegal. You need to make sure that you have written consent from the companies on this before you get too involved. Just keep your butt covered. If this is on the up and up I would be happy to contribute.
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  8:35:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I noticed a link to my junk carpenter. I wouldn't mind at all if you used that! In fact, go right ahead.
Greg
Go to Top of Page

98TomFord
Top Member

USA
812 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2005 :  8:54:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit 98TomFord's Homepage  Send 98TomFord an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Email me @ SuperiorFreak06@Aol.Com and I can give a few pictures for this what ever your doing project. I got a lot of Fords And to make us ALL feel safe about this book, put it all together, then find a local publishing company and have it published this way we all know it's not a fraud or scam or yadda yadda okay. Just a helpful thought Good Luck & email for Pics.

My Ford Can Turn On $50, Can Your Int? ~Ford Buses - Gems To The Eyes~
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  08:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hey,

I never really thought about the legal part. I know a couple publisher's so I'll look into it. I'll email IC, Thomas, and Blue Bird about me using their names in the book and they might be able to help out some. I'll get some of my other friends to help me out on that part. Since I am 12, and hitting 13, I doubt I'll get this book on the market. My mom says that she'll help me out with the design, so. Thank you all for the help and photos. I'll update ya on the progress. Right now, all I need to know is stuff on AmTran. I also need the AmTran logo, and if anyone has a photo of a new bus comming off the assembly line, I can use that too. Thank you all for the help, and I will update ya on the situation.
-Jake :-)
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  12:48:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As of 3:46 PM EST
I have pages 1-4 mostly done. I am waiting on permission to use a couple of photo's I snapped in my book. I do not plan to market this book to the public when it is done. I really don't wanna market it at all. I might get 30 copys published for 30 special people or something, I dunno. At anytime, if anyone wants to view my progress, leave your email adress and i'll email you the document. I am still waiting to send Thomas, Blue-Bird, IC, ford, gmc, chevy, international, and dodge about me giving a breif summary in the book about them. I don't know who to contact for Superior and Wayne and all of those other companies. -Jake
I'll update on anymore progress.
Go to Top of Page

Busdude3
Top Member

USA
1178 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  12:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Busdude3 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cody40691

http://www.geocities.com/fordman11189/junk1.html ...there's a IHC Carp. in junk condition, LOL. Hope ya dont mind Greg

Hey now, don't be dissin my district's bus LOL
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  1:07:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If anyone can give me help, I really need to know info on AmTran right now. (like the model's, pro's, cons, ect.) Info on Blue-Bird will be helpfull too.
-Jake
Go to Top of Page

buslady-582
Advanced Member

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  2:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really don't know the info...pros/cons... but if there's a particular BlueBird pic you want I might have it, or could get it. There's over 100 BlueBirds at my yard, all different years etc. My terminal already told me I could use any of their buses in pics on the internet...they don't care.

Bus Nut

see my " Buster" #582
1994 BB TC2000

Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  2:12:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got any older All-Americans? or older International Conventionals? Or anything odd looking (like something special on the bus). Basically anything transit or International conventional, or maybe even a vision, i dunno. You pick. I am sure anything will be great!
-Jake
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  2:32:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Got any older All-Americans? or older International Conventionals? Or anything odd looking (like something special on the bus). Basically anything transit or International conventional, or maybe even a vision, i dunno. You pick. I am sure anything will be great!
-Jake

I got a few All Americans, and a few nice looking Visions. E-mail me at Cody40691@ gmail.com.

Edited by - Cody on 02/20/2005 5:55:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  3:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

At anytime, if anyone wants to view my progress, leave your email adress and i'll email you the document.

I would be interested in seeing what you have completed so far with your project.

crownbus32(at)yahoo.com
Go to Top of Page

buslady-582
Advanced Member

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  4:27:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heres a unique bus http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9448&SearchTerms=identify,this,bus

Bus Nut

see my " Buster" #582
1994 BB TC2000

Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  5:02:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by buslady-582

heres a unique bus http://www.schoolbusfleet.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9448&SearchTerms=identify,this,bus

Hey buslady, when are we going to have part 2 of identify this bus
Go to Top of Page

Cody
Top Member

United States
1630 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2005 :  5:59:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cody's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Busdude3

quote:
Originally posted by Cody40691

Hey now, don't be dissin my district's bus LOL

what exactly happened to it? lol

Edited by - Cody on 02/20/2005 6:00:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

Buskid
Top Member

USA
3368 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2005 :  4:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Buskid

At anytime, if anyone wants to view my progress, leave your email adress and i'll email you the document.

You seem to be off to a good start. When you complete the Crown Coach Corporation and Gillig Brothers Built Buses/Gillig Corporation sections, I'd be especially interested in reading over them.

Have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  3:43:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
UPDATE
I am working on getting the photo's completed befor text.
I got these pages done in photo's
Carpenter, Wayne, Ford, International
I need photo's for:
Crown, Crown by Carpenter, Gillig, IC, Superior, Thomas, Ward, ANY OLDER GMC/ CHEVY BUSES, Freightliner buses, Dodge. I lastly need a pic of a 1990's International AmTran due to the current one I have - I have no one to contact about using it. Thank you everyone for your help. If you wanna see my progress, tell me your email. -Jake
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  4:55:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HELP
1.What years did the 1927 Blue Bird last?
2.What years did Blue Bird use dodge?
3.When did Blue Bird start using International
4.What years did Blue Bird use GMC/ Chevy and freightliner
5.What year did blue bird start using ford?
6.What are the years of the TC1000?
Thanks, Jake
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  5:06:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
4)Freightliner I beleave was used up till 2000. 97 or 98 was the first year I believe. GMC/Chevy was up to 03. 6) TC1000 was made in the 90s . Those are the only once I know about.
Oh I think 76 was the last year for Dodge

Robert B.

Edited by - 78fordwayne on 02/24/2005 5:08:53 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.18 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000