IC the future of Jefferson County, KY!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  12:35:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
And it's cool. Our new buses came in, and they are... :drum roll please: IC-CE's! We normaly don't get new buses till the end of the year, but this is cool. I thought we'd still be getting Thomas Freightliners, but I was wrong. I have some questions:

1) Are IC CE's loud?
2) Are the seats comfy (I hate those old Ward seats)
3) how well do they hold up in wrecks?

I was pondering these thoughts and I think someine on here may be able to awnser them. We will most likely not put them in service till next school year (cause Jefferson is too picky on inspecting) and they will replace all of the older buses in service (1990-1993) I think. Also, most likely the 1988 Ford Waynes, and the 1989 Ford Blue-Bird's will be retired - which is the last of Jefferson County's Fords. Well, everything will turn out. Can anyone awnser my questions?
-Jake

(And I especially like how they wrote "Jefferson County Schools" on our Kentucky black strip.)

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  1:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
1. no, we have IC RE's and they are much quieter then any of our other buses, Thomas, Ford, GMC, Chevy, International
2.They have to be the most comfy seats out there, almost every morning on the bus I feel like I am goignt ot fall asleep, it is another story with the Thomas's, they are not so great in my opinion
3.Never seen one wreck, so I can't tell you, here is a picture

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  1:34:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

1) Are IC CE's loud?

1. No, they're very quiet. Atleast, our '04s are, I wouldn't expect anything else from the '05s. Quiet enough to have a conversation from the front to the back of a bus, yet you can still hear the engine inscase there is a problem.

2. Our seats seem to be a bit stiff, but once they get "worn in" they'll be fine. Nothing special about IC seats compaired to AmTran I don't think.

3. Not too sure on that one. From that picture IC-RE posted, the bus looks fine besides the hood being knocked off.

How many of them did you get? We have one on order right now, I hope it comes soon. Not a full size one though; 22? passenger, with a lift.

Most districts don't put new buses in service the same year they come, unless there is a large need for them.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*

Edited by - Chris on 03/02/2005 1:38:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  1:48:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
we got about 100, yet 20 per compound.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  2:16:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That's a lot of CE. I can't wait for ours to come, so many little tricks to them, it's a neat bus.

My Personal Fleet
1985 Ward Ford #1 Lexington Local - 1990 Wayne International NO.2 Walton-Verona - 1992 Ward Senator NO.4 Walton-Verona *SOLD*
Go to Top of Page

Jake
Top Member

USA
3527 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  2:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jake's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Chris, Jefferon county owns around 100-120 buses per every year, except for 1996.
Go to Top of Page

IC-RE
Top Member

USA
4117 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  3:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit IC-RE's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We don;t have a huge need for ours, but this year, I was told that we will be receiving about 220 2005 IC RE's and we put them in service withing 2 weeks after they arrive, our first little group is here, 10 or so, and they will be put in service shortly, they are just haveing their 2-way radios installed

bus 1980, a 2008 IC RE 300 for Fairfax County Public Schools, Fairfax, Virginia.
Go to Top of Page

Chris
Top Member

USA
1013 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  3:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Chris's Homepage  Send Chris an AOL message  Click to see Chris's MSN Messenger address  Send Chris a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's funny the amount of buses you all order at a time. Being an independent district, we have one lot of buses, right now containing 18 [fantastic] buses. We order 2 at a time, as opposed to 100+

My Personal Fleet
Go to Top of Page

78fordwayne
Top Member

USA
2868 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  3:37:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit 78fordwayne's Homepage  Send 78fordwayne an AOL message  Send 78fordwayne a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 92WardSenatorFE

1) Are IC CE's loud?
-Jake

They seem to be much quieter then older buses. The VT365 is a much quieter engine than the T444E was.
I know what you meen by the older Ward/ AmTran seats. I remember back in high school going from a Blue Bird to a Ward, it felt like I was sitting in a hole. The seats were very low to the floor. I have not sat in a passenger seat on a IC bus yet. Ill have to do that next time im in one.
As far as how they hold up in a wreck, im sure they are just as good if not a little better than other buses.

Robert B.

Go to Top of Page

B. Busguy33
Top Member

USA
3444 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2005 :  4:29:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit B. Busguy33's Homepage  Send B. Busguy33 an AOL message  Send B. Busguy33 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The passenger seat material on the new ICs is the same material used in all of the AmTran/International/IC buses since 1999. Before 1999, those buses (AmTran) had seat material similar to the Wards.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000