New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

80-RE4
Top Member

USA
5700 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  8:21:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just thinking, there are only about 4 more months of the school year left. It is going by very fast, although sometimes it feels like it just begun. Anyone else feel the school year is going by fast? We get out June 27.

I love my Amtran RE ;-)

peil

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  8:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Time just seems to fly by anymore. If the old saying, "Time flies when you're having fun", is true, then I must be having a blast! When this last shuttle disaster happened, it blew me away when they said that the last one happened 17 years ago. I would have said 7 years ago max. Oh well.

David Peil
Go to Top of Page

Thomas guy

USA
165 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  8:36:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey 96 Amtran RE,
My goodness yes the school year has and still is going by so fast for me. It seems like yesterday summer was ending and school was getting back in session. I've noticed as I've gotten older that time flies. Anyways ttyl
Thomas guy

Go to Top of Page

Thomas00
Top Member

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2003 :  9:19:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man my district only have three more months to go. We get out May something, plus we just came back from a wonderful mid-winter break too. Soon spring break will be just around the concer. What more can a driver asked for! Plus I'm getting a NEW IC CE IN AUG. YEAH!!!!!!!

~Georgia Drivers Together We Fly High~
Go to Top of Page

thomas86_a
Top Member

USA
4413 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  12:08:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit thomas86_a's Homepage  Send thomas86_a an AOL message  Reply with Quote
We get out the first week of June, unlike Thomas00 we're not getting any new IC-CE's, I'm sticking with my Thomas Built! No new buses for 2003-2004 school year, currently our oldest regular route buses are 97's so they get another year on route.

From rub rail to rub rail, roof cap to roof cap, Thomas Built Buses are built to last!
Go to Top of Page

BlueBird44
Top Member

USA
1639 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  1:12:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This year is going pretty quickly we're getting out June 16th right now if we don't get anymore snow days. Looks like we'll be closed tom. So that'll add some more days. I can't wait till summer because I'll get to stay around the buses again working with the T/D and my new IC-FE will come in August.

~BlueBird44~
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  2:22:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is flying by for me too! Probably since I will be going into high school next year!
Greg Hovan

Now is the time of year when all buses have white tops!
Visit the school bus garage: http://www.geocities.com/fordman11189/SchoolBusGarage.html
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Probably since I will be going into high school next year!
Greg Hovan

Visit the school bus garage: http://www.geocities.com/fordman11189/SchoolBusGarage.html

LMAO. I remember those days. It'll be five years this June since I graduated H.S. I already feel old!

http://www.geocities.com/gilligcoaches/ http://www.teamtwintowers.org/
Go to Top of Page

Thomasfan89
Top Member

USA
1155 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2003 :  6:55:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the best part about the high school I am going to is the buses!! Theay have a cool fleet of 5 buses!! And think while I am there they will be getting a new one since their oldest bus is a 1984 Thomas International! Cool bus though! You can all se the fleet on my site, they are the Trinity High School buses.
Greg Hovan

Go to Top of Page

rltinkey

USA
140 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  5:25:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes time does seem to be flying by quicker than last year and every year it goes by faster than the last.
With the budgit short falls in so many states, the school year is even going faster for some than others.
Several states are shortening the school year, and eliminating programs and you know things are bad when school sports are being cut.
Manditory walking distance is being extended and many school districts are now requiring students to buy a bus pass. Routes are being cut and some drivers are not going to be asked to come back until needed.
Ray The Bus Guy...

Go to Top of Page

busdrver4jesus
Top Member

USA
802 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2003 :  5:54:34 PM  Show Profile  Send busdrver4jesus an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, the school year does seem to be flying past. We get out here on May 21st this year. With the budget cuts here in our state, which have been HUGE, not sure if we will have bus transportation for summer school or not. I usually drive summer school but dont know about this year, we will have to see.

"With God behind us and His arms beneath us, we can face whatever lies before us."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000