Enter Forum: Buy, Sell or Browse
 Thomas HDX and ER diecast Model news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2007 :  4:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The distributor for the Thomas licensed buses is shipping three different white top models. The C2, an HDX and an ER.

The HDX and ER each come in boxes with the correct Title text, writeup and specifications printed on the box. The models, however, only have two differences. The ER has yellow hubs, vs. gunmetal color hubs for the HDX. The rear panel Thomas Logo is not present on the ER model. They both have round headlamps. Photos:

Edited by - splitrimz on 10/27/2007 5:53:51 PM

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  01:41:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sure they'd be hot sellers even more if they added interior detail... Would increase the marketability of them...

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Kodie
Top Member

United States
2028 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  4:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because its cheap.
Go to Top of Page

Carp_26
Administrator

United States
170 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  5:18:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This post sure caught my attention. I ordered my diecasts from Thomas Built years ago when the HDX was first introduced. Both boxes say "ER" my yellow roof model has the "chrome hubs" and the white roof model has the "yellow hubs." Even without the interior detail, they're great buses.
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2007 :  10:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received a Yellow Top HDX in an ER box with silver hubs from Thomas. I'll post a photo soon.
Go to Top of Page

Steven A.Rosenow
Top Member

USA
1926 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  01:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Steven A.Rosenow's Homepage  Send Steven A.Rosenow an AOL message  Send Steven A.Rosenow a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by the First Student guy

quote:
Originally posted by Steven A.Rosenow

I'm sure they'd be hot sellers even more if they added interior detail... Would increase the marketability of them...

Yes, then I would deffinately buy one. So, why is it called an ER? Anyone know?

The ER stands for "Engine: Rear" or "Engine in Rear," which denotes it being a rear-engined transit bus.

http://www.gilligcoaches.net
Go to Top of Page

Rich
Top Member

United States
5768 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  07:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by IC Kodie

Because its cheap.

Thanks for your reply, certainly right on the money.

Originally, all Thomas rear engines were referred to as the "ER". When they redesigned the transits in 2001, there was the ER and the HD. The HD was what is currently the HDX. In 2003 they made the ER and HD the same bus, and marketed it as the HDX.

Not sure why they are calling it the ER, maybe they think they can sell more models with two different names.

Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2007 :  5:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Check the 1st post, I just uploaded a photo of the Thomas HDX yellow top in ER Box that I just received.

I now wonder if there is a yellow top with yellow hubs? Splitrimz

Edited by - splitrimz on 10/27/2007 5:57:08 PM
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2007 :  09:34:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Further information: The Thomas distributor is no longer once again shipping the White Top HDX with Silver hubs..This is the one that came in the box with "HDX". They are now all shipping with yellow hubs in "ER" boxes.

Splitrimz

Edited by - splitrimz on 12/07/2007 05:10:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  2:19:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have a question, the letter offered on the HDX, can it be applyed to the C2 or even the CE or BE?

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  9:25:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ICfan

I have a question, the letter offered on the HDX, can it be applyed to the C2 or even the CE or BE?

Yes, follow the link on the side of the bus. We will custom letter just about any bus in our inventory. Have not tried the N Scale Keychain yet but I would bet it could be done.

Edited by - splitrimz on 11/17/2007 5:00:29 PM
Go to Top of Page

ICfan
Top Member

USA
1251 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  7:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit ICfan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Splitrimz -

Did you update your site? If so is Lettering still available for the Thomas Buses? That option is not there currently.

Thanks

Tyler Roys Weatherman and International Fan,

http://www.freewebs.com/thectschoolbusyard
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2007 :  9:14:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ICfan

Splitrimz -

Did you update your site? If so is Lettering still available for the Thomas Buses? That option is not there currently.

Thanks

NOTE! 15 Dec 07 - We cannot promise Christmas Delivery at this late date but we have increased our staff and will make every attempt to customize and deliver your bus.

Try our sister sites:
http://www.school-bus-gifts.com

OR

http://www.wheelswings-things.com

Edited by - splitrimz on 12/15/2007 7:28:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2007 :  8:04:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
NOTE! 15 Dec 07 - We cannot promise Christmas Delivery at this late date but we have increased our staff and will make every attempt to customize and deliver your bus.

Experimenting with the Thomas HDX 1/53 Scale Activity Bus.

Go to Top of Page

SchoolBusFan
Top Member

USA
1769 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2007 :  10:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit SchoolBusFan's Homepage  Send SchoolBusFan an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I wonder when the "HDX" diecast models will be changed to look like a HDX. Those models look like the HD with ther front panel not divided into 3 section like on the HDX, and the rear windows are on the diecast which shouldn't be there as the HDX. I love these models, I also got the C2 a couple years ago.
Go to Top of Page

splitrimz

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  4:43:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit splitrimz's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Here is a link to the Thomas Bus Company HDX page and a photo of a HDX without the three panels. Is this photo a mistake?

http://www.thomasbus.com/bus-models/school/saf-t-liner-hdx/photo-gallery.asp

quote:
Originally posted by SchoolBusFan

I wonder when the "HDX" diecast models will be changed to look like a HDX. Those models look like the HD with ther front panel not divided into 3 section like on the HDX, and the rear windows are on the diecast which shouldn't be there as the HDX. I love these models, I also got the C2 a couple years ago.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:

School Bus Fleet Magazine Forums © 2022 School Bus Fleet Magazine Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000